Regular Programming - available Summer 2021
The objective of the United DFC mini-program is to provide a safe environment where children can have fun while developing their physical literacy, technical, and social skills through soccer-based activities and games. The United DFC mini-program is developed & delivered in alignment with the Canadian Soccer Association Long Term Athlete Development (LTPD) model.
We have the following age groups for the Mini program.
- Under 3 (Born: 2018)
- Under 4 (Born: 2017)
- Under 5 (Born: 2016)
- Under 6 (Born: 2015)
- Under 7 (Born: 2014)
- Under 8 (Born: 2013)
U3/U4 Mini - $130
U5/U6 Mini - $150
U7/U8 Mini - $200
Practices start the week of June 1 and finish the week of August 15
U3 & U4 = 1x/ week
U5/6/7/8 = 2x/ week
Location: Grass fields in the Dartmouth, Cole Harbour and Eastern Passage Communities
We do our best to help families plan their schedules for the season however we cannot guarantee these will be the practice times or locations due to field availability and registration numbers.
- Station-based sessions
- games and activities the whole time!
- U3/U4 Parent participation on-field
- U5/6/7 - Mini Jamborees (playing again other clubs Mini programs)
The coach of these programs will be a CSA qualified Head Coach or appropriately qualified volunteer (usually older players and parents)
UDFC Mini Jamboree - Date TBD
Soccer by the Sea tournament - Date TBD
Mini Kick off day - Date TBD
Uniform/Training Clothing Requirements
U3-U8 Age Groups
- All players are required to wear their own shin guards/pads.
- Players are permitted to wear sneakers but outdoor soccer cleats are recommended for stability and traction when playing on grass or turf.
- For the summer and winter seasons, mini players (including U8 community) will have a jersey, pair of black shorts and black soccer socks provided to them shortly before or at their first practice. Tim Horton’s supplies the mini jerseys, shorts and socks for players to keep so there is no jersey deposit required at this level. The jersey, shorts and socks should be worn to every practice.
- During the summer season, Mini Players will be provided with a size 3 soccer ball to keep which they will need to bring to each and every practice. It is strongly recommended that their name be written on the ball in permanent marker as all the balls are the same.